Government agencies play an essential role in our society, providing beneficial services and programs to businesses and consumers. However, in order to be successful and accomplish their outreach goals, government agencies need to be able to effectively market their programs.
Effective Marketing to Reach Businesses
Developing and implementing a strategic marketing/communications plan that aligns with an agency’s goals and objectives is essential. Strategic & Creative Marketing, Inc. works closely with our government clients to identify the correct target audience, understand their needs and wants, and develop a message that resonates with them. Our customized outreach strategies can help government agencies achieve important goals such as:
- Increased awareness of government programs and services. We use a variety of tactics to help government agencies reach a wider audience of businesses. This increased awareness is important to ultimately encourage increased participation and support of the agency’s program or initiatives.
- Improved targeting of marketing efforts. When implementing a marketing plan, we make sure that we correctly identify the target audience and develop specific messages that are more likely to resonate with them. This can lead to more effective use of marketing resources and a better return on investment.
- Enhanced relationships with businesses. A strong marketing presence can help government agencies build stronger relationships with businesses. This can lead to increased cooperation and collaboration that can benefit both parties.
- Increased economic development. Strategic marketing can help government agencies attract new businesses and investment to their communities. Our ongoing work in this area has demonstrated that effective marketing by economic development professionals can lead to job creation and economic growth.
S/C Marketing’s Successful Approach with the State of Illinois
The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) enlisted the help of the S/C Marketing team to promote their WorkShare IL program to businesses across the state. This innovative program gives employers that are facing temporary layoffs an option to keep their employees working at reduced hours, while their income is partially supplemented by unemployment benefits.
In order to achieve our goals of raising awareness of the program among employers and intermediaries, such as chambers of commerce and business associations, we developed a multi-tactic approach to convey the benefits and overall strengths of the program.
Our comprehensive and integrated marketing strategy included:
- Development of marketing collateral such as flyers, presentations, videos, explainers and other visual content
- Website and social media analysis and revisions
- Targeted social media campaigns to reach business decision makers in a wide variety of industries that would likely benefit from the program
- Creation of testimonial print pieces and videos
- Custom email campaigns
- PR business outreach tactics
- Mass media such as ad buys and outdoor media
Contact Strategic & Creative Marketing, Inc.
Government agencies have specific needs when it comes to effectively marketing their programs, and they need an experienced marketing professional to develop and carry out the right strategies. For additional information about how S/C Marketing can help your agency achieve their goals, reach out directly to 630-456-0827 or email@example.com or visit https://scmarketinginc.com/industries/.
Examples from one of our comprehensive campaigns for a government client: