Strategic & Creative Marketing is proud to announce that our Director of Social/Digital Media, Tami Wloch, was featured in an article in Authority Magazine! Here are the highlights:
Authority Magazine Question:
Let’s talk about LinkedIn specifically, now. Can you share 5 ways to leverage LinkedIn to dramatically improve your business? Please share a story or example for each.
Absolutely — there are easy, FREE ways people can use LinkedIn to generate more sales!
Amp up your personal profile
- Spend the money to get a professional headshot done! People do not take you seriously as a business person if you can see someone’s arm where you tried to crop the photo.
- Also, don’t hold a cup, even if it’s just water. It can send the wrong message.
- Lastly, don’t use a cartoon drawing (unless you are a cartoon artist) and don’t put up a picture of your pet as your profile pic. LinkedIn can reach customers with money so keep it professional.
Use that banner on both your personal profile AND your business page
- This is FREE advertising so change it often — everyone who goes to your page will see this banner!
- Make sure it includes your email OR your phone # OR your website — make it easy for customers to contact you
Join groups to Show Your Authority
- Not just groups with others in your profession — join groups that contain your best customers
- Post often in the groups so the people see your name and see your breadth of knowledge that show you have authority in your industry.
- Follow the 80/20 rule — 80% of the time share your knowledge and only 20% of the time ask for a sale or pitch a service
- The biggest mistake some people make is just connecting with only people in their own industry — this is fine, but it won’t get you sales
- Set a goal to invite 20 people each week to connect with you — target those people who would be your best customers
- Then, when you post each week (YES, you should post each week), your connections will see what you post (the 80/20 rule still applies)
Post at least once/week
- Set one day each week to post to LinkedIn. It’s easy if you follow a schedule! Here are some great things to post about — use one of these ideas each week and you are set for months!
- POST =
- New products/Services;
- Employee anniversaries/birthdays;
- Thank your customer for something;
- Welcome new customers;
- Customer reviews;
- Summarize and industry article to show authority in your industry
- highlight one of your services/products
Tami also answers such questions as “Which social media platform have you found to be most effective to use to increase business revenues? Can you share a story from your experience?” and “Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started this career? Read the full article HERE
Thanks to Authority Magazine’s Candice Georgiadis for this interview!
Do you have an e-commerce website? Here’s an article that will help you get more leads! Define Your Ideal Customer Profile In These 7 Steps + How To Optimize Your e-Store To Attract These Highly Qualified Leads